- A lot of things have happened in the 2 years that I didn't post here:
- People came and gone.
- Papers got published.
- PhDs got defended.
- Ilya got promoted to Full Professor and became APS Fellow and Chair of APS Division of Biological Physics.
- I will hopefully restart updating the news page now.
- Read the new FAQ pages if you want to join our group. Ilya 08:22, 23 October 2014 (EDT)
- The long-awaited paper on primary visual cortex dynamics has finally appear in PLoS ONE. Ilya 23:22, 21 October 2014 (EDT)
- Baohua Zhou has passed his Qualifier Exam and is now officially a student in the lab. Ilya 19:26, 5 September 2014 (EDT)
- The Zipf law paper has been featured in Emory science blog and the university front page. Ilya, 13:23, 19 August 2014 (EDT)
- The paper on emergence of Zipf Law has been published in PRL. Ilya, 13:23, 19 August 2014 (EDT)
- Andrew mugler has left the group for a faculty position in Purdue Physics. Good luck, Andrew! Ilya 13:23, 19 August 2014 (EDT)
- A review of information-theoretic treatment of biological noise has been published. Ilya 21:56, 1 July 2014 (EDT)
- Martin's predictive information in 1d nonequilibrium model paper has been published. (Ilya) 18:10, 1 October 2013 (EDT)
- George Leung has passed his Qualifier Exam and is now officially a student in the lab. Ilya 09:26, 11 September 2013 (EDT)
- John Kirkham has defended his Master's Thesis. Congratulations, John! Good luck in the world outside of academia! Ilya 09:26, 11 September 2013 (EDT)
- Andrew Mugler has joined the lab as a postdoctoral fellow. Ilya 09:24, 11 September 2013 (EDT)
- Lina Merchan has graduated to her next postdoctoral position in the MathCS department at Emory. Ilya 09:24, 11 September 2013 (EDT)
- Our group has presented four posters and talks at the 7th q-bio conference. Ilya 09:26, 11 August 2013 (EDT)
- The June 2013 issue of Physical Biology has two research articles and an editorial from our group. Ilya 23:46, 4 June 2013 (EDT)
- E. coli genotype-to-phenoptype map paper has been published in PLoS ONE. Ilya 13:51, 2 May 2013 (EDT)
- Quentin Feltgen is visiting us for five months for his internship from ENS, Paris. Ilya 19:42, 21 March 2013 (PDT)
- John Kirkham and Chloe Robins are doing Physics and PBEE rotations in our group this semester. Ilya 01:54, 11 December 2012 (PST)
- Dr. Jakub Otwinowski is leaving to become a postdoc at U Penn, Joshn Plotkin's group. Cngratulations on the successful defense, Jakub! Ilya 19:16, 31 August 2012 (PDT)
- The book with our information theory in biology review is out. Ilya 19:27, 22 August 2012 (PDT)
- NSF has awarded a grant to study pain transduction in C. elegans to Dr. Nemenman and Dr. Ryu. Ilya 19:16, 22 August 2012 (PDT)
- Vijay and Jakub will be attending a biophysics summer school at Cargese, Corsica. Ilya 19:17, 11 May 2012 (PDT)
- Molecular gain control paper has been published in Physical Biology. Ilya 22:11, 18 March 2012 (UTC)
- Lina Merchan is joining our group as a postdoc. Ilya 20:22, 13 January 2012 (UTC)
- Our paper on NF-kB information transduction has been selected as one of the top ten Emory science stories of the year. Ilya 20:21, 13 January 2012 (UTC)
- The long-in-the-making paper on estimating entropy has appeared in... Entropy. Where else? Ilya 14:04, 19 December 2011 (UTC)
- Berry phases in population dynamics paper has appeared in J R Soc Interface. Ilya 14:04, 19 December 2011 (UTC)
- Model of vision with lateral neural interactions has appeared in PLoS Comput Biol. Ilya 14:00, 7 October 2011 (UTC)
- Check out the Aspen Center for Physics: Physics of Behavior program co-organized by Ilya. Ilya 02:09, 27 September 2011 (UTC)
- Check out the following article about Our paper. Ilya 01:52, 27 September 2011 (UTC)
- Information-theoretic analysis of NF-kB signaling has appeared in Science. Ilya 01:50, 27 September 2011 (UTC)
- Our article has been chosen as a Physical Biology Highlight for 2010. Ilya 16:05, 16 June 2011 (UTC)
- Sorin Tanase-Nicola has left to start his own group at Uppsala University in Sweden. Good luck, Sorin! Ilya 16:07, 16 June 2011 (UTC)
- Marat Yafunyaev gas joined the group as an undergraduate research assistant. Ilya 00:23, 25 May 2011 (UTC)
- The first paper from the new Emory group has been published. Ilya 14:17, 26 April 2011 (UTC)
- Farhan Kamili has joined the group as an undergraduate research assistant. Ilya 00:07, 22 September 2010 (UTC)
- Vijay Singh has joined the group as a rotation graduate student. Ilya 00:07, 22 September 2010 (UTC)
- Check out this article about our work. Ilya 02:48, 28 July 2010 (UTC)
- Mar 2010: Martin Tchernookov has joined the group.
- Feb 2010: Sorin Tanase Nicola has joined the group.
2009 and before
- As of Sep, 2009, I am joining Emory University departments of Physics and Biology, as well as the Computational and Life Sciences initiative, and I will be moving to Atlanta then. Ilya 22:24, 1 July 2009 (CDT)
- Adiabatic coarse-graining paper has been published in PNAS. Ilya 22:20, 1 July 2009 (CDT)
- Our PetaVision code was the first scientific software in the world to break the PetaFlop barrier, running on LANL/IBM RoadRunner supercomputer. Ilya 20:11, 15 June 2008 (CDT)
- Read the section About our work for media reaction to our High spiking precision paper. Ilya 16:11, 10 March 2008 (CDT)
- High spiking precision paper will appear in PLoS Comp. Bio. Ilya 22:58, 15 December 2007 (CST)
- Our synthetic metabolic data paper has been published in Ann. NY Acad. Sci. Ilya 12:34, 19 November 2007 (CST)
- Our paper will appear in Phys. Rev. Lett. Ilya 12:34, 19 November 2007 (CST)
- Dates for q-bio 2008 have been announced. Ilya 11:25, 5 November 2007 (CST)
- You can now follow my whereabouts using the Travel plans page, Ilya 23:05, 20 May 2007 (CDT).
- First q-bio Summer School Program is available now, Ilya 23:02, 20 May 2007 (CDT).
- I am spending the next three weeks at KITP, UCSB, attending the Evolution of Molecular Networks program, Ilya 10:42, 27 March 2007 (CDT).
- A paper on stochastic effects in biochemistry has been published by EPL.
- We are also organizing the following summer school, by Ilya 11:30, 13 March 2007 (CDT)
- Check out the following conferences, by Ilya 23:58, 24 January 2007 (CST):
- These Wiki Pages created, by Ilya 22:46, 11 November 2006 (CST).