Physics 212, 2018: Lecture 24
Back to the main Teaching page.
The heat diffusion equation -- one of many partial differential equations (differential equations involving partial derivatives).
- Fick's first law of diffusion or (also known as Newton's law of cooling if , or the Fourier law of heat conduction)
- Fick's second law of diffusion .
- Finite difference form of the heat diffusion equation; need boundary conditions to complete the solution
- Boundary conditions (implemented with extending the grid matrix):
- Solution of the equation using Python code.