Physics 511A, 2013: Chapter 4, Volume 2. Electromagnetic field equations
Back to the main Teaching page.
- Verify explicitly the equivalence between Eqs. 26.5 and the first pair of Maxwell's equations, 26.1 and 26.2.
- Verify how the function transforms under reparameterization .
- Show that the four-current is a four-vector (for this you need to recall how densities and distributions transform, Chapter 1).
- Derive the expression for a magnetic field of a constant current line using Eq. 30.8
- Verify the charge continuity equation for a single moving charge.
- Explain how gauge invariance is a direct consequence of charge conservation under Lorentz transformations.
- Problem after Sec 33.
- Derive Eq 33.5.
- To the leading order in , what is the energy-momentum tensor of ordinary, nonrelativistic matter.
- Calculate for electromagnetic field with no charges.