Physics 511A, 2014: Chapter 2, Volume 2. Relativistic mechanics
Back to the main Teaching page.
Sections 8, 9, 11, 14 only.
- Derive the limit of the Hamilton-Jacobi equation.
- Problem 1 after Section 11.
- Problem 6 after Section 11.
- Problem after Section 14.
- A massive particle of energy traveling with a velocity , not necessarily small relative to the speed of light, emits a photon of the energy in a certain direction in its rest frame. What is the angle, by which its velocity is deflected in a nonmoving reference frame?