Physics 511A, 2014: Chapter 5, Volume 2. Constant electromagnetic fields
Back to the main Teaching page.
- Show that .
- Problem after Sec 38.
- Problem 1 after Sec 39.
- Verify that 39.3 solves the Hamilton-Jacobi equation.
- Derive the motion of a relativistic charge in a Coulomb field.
- Derive Eq. 40.8, 40.11.
- Verify Eq. 41.9.
- Sketch the field of a dipole and a quadrupole in the most convenient reference frame.
- Problem after Sec 41. Compare the monopole, the dipole, and the quadrupole field of the ellipsoid at points and .
- Derive equations 42.4, 42.6, 42.7, 42.8.
- Derive equation 44.4 from 44.3.
- Problem after section 44.